Here are some things that you can do if your gas furnace is giving you problems. If these steps don't solve it, please call us for professional assistance.
The the air vents are not blowing any air or the air has not been heated:
1) Check your thermostat. Is it set for Heat? Is it calling for at least a few degrees higher than room temperature?
2) Has an electrical breaker flipped off? Has a fuse blown? This could affect the furnace if it has an electric ignition and/or the fan. Flip on the breaker or replace the fuse.
3) Is the pilot light lit? If not, light it following the directions on the furnace. Note that if the pilot light goes out repeatedly, it may be malfunctioning, which can be hazardous. Call us or your gas company immediately for assistance.
The furnace produces too little heat or it turns on and off very frequently:
• The filter may be dirty. If this looks like a possibility, replace it.
The furnace blower (fan) does not turn off but is always running:
• Check the thermostat. The fan may be set to run continuously. Turn off the fan.
The furnace makes strange noises. These can be high squeals or low rumbles. In either case, your furnace needs professional attention.
If you were able to solve it with one of these steps, well done! If not, please call us for a Service Call and we'll be happy to help you out.
Website Design by HappyContractor.com - SEO for Contractors